Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us. Please read it carefully. We may change this policy. We will post any changes on this page, so please check back frequently.
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our websites, social media pages, apps, or by corresponding with us by phone, email, and live chat. The personal information that you provide may include your name, address, email address, phone number, and other information about you to enable us to provide you with information on our products and services.
Information we collect about you
When you use our websites or apps, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we have received from other sources.
Information we receive from other sources
If you use any of the other websites or services affiliated with the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum, we may receive information about you or your device in relation to that use, including your IP address, and information about your visits. We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This could include socio-demographic information and information about your likely interests based on your previous web browsing and purchases. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we collected about you.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Providing our services to you and fulfilling your requests
- Marketing and advertising
- Providing you and others with information about goods and services that we offer that we think may interest you or them, which may be based on inferences about your or their likely interests based on your activity on websites operated by Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum or third parties.
- Customizing or enhancing your experience of our services, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity on websites operated by the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum or third parties.
- Delivering relevant advertising to you on websites operated by Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum or third parties or in direct communications from us, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity on websites operated by Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum or third parties.
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
- Service improvement and account management
- Ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administering our websites and apps and for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes).
- Protecting our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
- Managing and operating your account with us.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our service providers: to help us run our business and perform services you request – We may provide your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who provide services to us or where necessary to perform a service that you have requested.
- Advertisers and advertising networks: to serve relevant ads to you and others – We may provide your personal information to our partner advertisers and advertising networks that require that information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers: to help us improve our services – We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimize our services. We generally only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
- To comply with a legal obligation – We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum, its users or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organizations for fraud prevention purposes.
Storing Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us. You can delete your information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting Out of Communications
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you.
Data protection law gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle your request in accordance with the law. This means there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfill all requests.
Links to Third Party Websites